|1. I could walk around the
yard barefoot in safety.
house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.
3. All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture,
and cars would be free of dog hair.
4. When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't
sound like the NCDL kennels.
5. When the doorbell rings, I could get to the
door without wading through dog bodies who beat me there.
6. I could sit on the couch the way I wanted,
without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies
would need to get comfortable.
7. I would not have strange presents under
my Christmas tree - like dog bones, stuffed animals or have to
answer to people why I wrap them.
8. I would not be on a first name basis with
9. The most used words in my vocabulary
would not be: out,sit,down,come,no stay and leave him/her/it ALONE.
10. My house would not be cordoned off into
zones with baby gates or barriers.
11. My pockets would not contain things like
poo bags, dog treats and an extra leash.
12. I would no longer have to spell the
words B-A-L-L or F-R-I-S-B-E-E or W-A-L-K.
13. I would not have as many leaves INSIDE
my house as outside.
14. I would not look strangely at people who
think having their ONE dog ties them down too much.
15. I'd look forward to Spring and the
melting of the snow instead of dreading mud season.
16. I would not have to answer the question:
Why do you have so many dogs? ...from people who will never have the
joy in their life of knowing they are loved unconditionally by
something as close to angel as they will ever get.
17. How empty my life would be...